Hair transplantation is the process of taking hair follicles from the nape and the area between the two ears to the region where the hair is absent or rare. In hair transplantation, it is recommended to use this region since the region taken from the back of the neck is not genetically shed (not affected by the dihydrotestosterone hormone), but hair follicles from other parts of the body, such as the beard and chest, are not shedding either. There are many reasons for hair loss, but the most important is genetic predisposition, followed by stress. Medical hair treatment can support the hair but it’s not a definite treatment and the results are not visible. Hair transplantation is the definitive solution and the success rate increases when its supported with medical treatment.
Before and After the Hair Transplant Operation
There are some tests to be done before the hair transplantation process. Hair transplant is not recommended for people with bleeding problems, diabetes and heart diseases. The procedure is performed with local anesthesia, therefore you need to be on a full stomach before the operation. For an easy operation, clothes such as shirts should be preferred.
After the procedure, the person is advised to rest at home for 2-3 days and not to be mobile. From day 3, the washing process starts as described by the experts and continues for 10 days. A person can return to work and social life after the third day. There are no restrictions on eating and drinking.
Hair transplantation should be considered as follows:
- It is very important for the hair to avoid touching and causing blows on the planted area after the procedure.
- Resting for several days is recommended to avoid swelling of the forehead.
- Paying attention that the bed is not to touching the hair transplanted area is also recommended.
- Avoiding water on the hair for the first 2-3 days, after the washing process may start.
- For the health of the roots, smoking and alcohol are not recommended for 10 days.
- Sports and other activities may continue after 15 days from the operation.
- Cutting the hair is free at the stage of hair growth, but shaving with a machine is not recommended for 6 months.
What to Do Before Hair Transplantation
There are various points you should pay attention before having a hair transplantation. Smoking is not recommended 1 day before the procedure as it will negatively affect the circulation and the healing process. Alcohol consuming should also be stopped at least 3-4 days in advance. Before the operation, you must avoid using hair styling products, sprays or sealants on the head. It is recommended to be on a full stomach when you are having the hair transplant operation. If you’re using a drug, regularly or not, it is necessary for you to share this information with the hair transplant specialist. Before the hair transplant appointment, wearing clothes such as shirts (without the risk of friction while undressing) should be preferred.
Fıll out the form below for a free haır analysıs
+90 539 33 44 44 8